In the wake of the latest “million dollar baby” news story, many familiar questions have been surfacing in the media regarding travel insurance and its limitations.
It’s every traveller’s worst nightmare to have purchased insurance, only to find themselves stuck in a costly medical situation for which their insurance claim is rejected. Luckily, with the right preparation, this scenario can be prevented.
So, what do you need to know to make sure you avoid a vacation disaster? Robin Ingle spoke to the CBC to emphasize some of the key points for travellers to keep in mind.
When Buying Insurance, Make Sure To…
- Do research into the plan that’s best for your unique situation
- Speak to your doctor to make sure you don’t have any pre-existing conditions
- Speak to a licensed agent for the most informed help in selecting a policy
- Read the fine print of the policy to ensure you understand what’s covered
- Ask as many questions as you need to understand the terms of your policy
For more tips, you can watch the video and read the accompanying article here.