If you have an accident or injury, and have to pay up front for medical services, you will need to submit a claim to get your money back. Below is a 10-step guide to submitting your claims.
- Keep all your receipts: Ask for a receipt every time you pay for a medical service. You will need to include these with your claim form.
- Get an official claim form: Your insurance provider can provide you with a claim form for your policy. Call the Claims Inquiries phone number on your policy booklet.
- Include up-to-date information: Make sure your contact information is current in case the insurance provider needs to contact you with additional questions.
- Complete the form honestly and accurately: Make sure you include all the relevant information about your illness or injury. Try to include as much detail as possible, especially if the situation was unusual.
- Don’t skip any questions: The insurance company will not process a claim that is incomplete. If you are unsure about how to answer a question, contact your insurance provider.
- Sign the form: Don’t forget to sign the form! A claim form without a signature will not be processed.
- Attach all invoices and receipts: Include the original invoices and receipts with your claim form.
- Keep a copy for your records: Make a photocopy of the completed form and all relevant invoices and receipts. Keep them on file, so you know exactly what you sent.
- Mail everything to the right address: Your insurance package will include information on how claims are submitted under your policy, including an address to send them to.
- Wait: Once your claim is processed, a cheque will be mailed to you at the address you indicated on the form.
Got a question about the claims process? Contact us for more information.