Don’t forget to pack your travel insurance – and make sure you pack the right one! We have a dedicated team to help you choose the perfect plan fit for your travels.
MSH Americas is dedicated to honoring our leading position in the travel insurance industry by providing exceptional service, up-to-date news, and support for our clients. Whether you are going abroad for leisure, to study, or to work, we want you to be able to travel with confidence. As part of our ongoing commitment to you, we promise to adhere to the newly updated THIA Traveler’s Bill of Rights. The Traveler’s Bill of Rights reads:
The Travel Insurance Bill of Rights and Responsibilities builds upon the following key elements of travel health insurance:
• Understand your travel insurance policy – Insurance providers have staff available to answer any questions related to policies.
• Know your health and consult a health care provider if you have any questions.
• Know your trip – How long will you be gone? Are you a snowbird? Will you be travelling multiple times during the year?
Under THIA’s Travel Insurance Bill of Rights and Responsibilities travellers have the right to:
• A No Obligation Purchase: Travel insurance providers will allow a minimum 10-day free review of the policy.
• Be Informed: You will receive your policy documentation and confirmation of coverage outlining the policy terms and conditions whether purchased in person, over the phone or online.
• Request Clarification: You may ask questions about the travel insurance you have purchased.
• Review & Modify Medical Screening: You will receive a copy of the answers you provided on the medical questionnaire prior to the start of your policy.
• Receive Worldwide Assistance & Toll-free Support: You have 24/7 access to the help you need when you need it from your travel insurance provider.
• Fair & Prompt Claims Handling: You will have a timely and transparent communication process.
• Escalate & Appeal: You may challenge decisions and request additional reviews with new information.
• Confidentiality: Your personal information will be protected in all dealings with your travel insurance provider.
• Know Your Insurer: Your policy will clearly identify the underwriter of your travel insurance and the process to file and resolve complaints.
• Your Preferred Language: You may transact and correspond about all components of your travel insurance in English or French.
Travellers are responsible for the following:
• To Provide Accurate Information: The travel insurance application needs to be completed accurately.
• To Understand Your Policy: Take the time to read and understand your policy.
• To Travel With Proof of Insurance: Have your policy number and emergency assistance contact information easily accessible.
• To Notify Your Travel Insurance Provider: Provide prompt and timely communication when a claim situation arises and provide all requested documentation related to your claim including all relevant receipts.
To speak to a licensed representative for clarification, further questions, or to purchase a policy, feel free to call us at 1 800 360 3234 or email us at email@example.com.