BILINGUAL INSURANCE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Who We Are:
Ingle International is a company that connects a diverse group of individuals and businesses with customized insurance products, services and information they need for safe and healthy travels. Innovating travel insurance products to affinity groups, rewards programs and organizations, Ingle delivers superior customer care with highly trained, multilingual staff serving the needs of travellers going anywhere in the world. Our expertise can be credited to a company culture deeply rooted in technology. Ingle fosters a challenging work environment, but also a fun, friendly and cooperative one. Further, we offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous wellness bursary, tuition reimbursement and a business casual environment. Ingle is an equal opportunity employer.
Who You Are:
You have experience working in customer service, retail or a call center and are interested in building upon your successful track record in sales. You have an outgoing, dynamic personality, a “can do” attitude and you love a challenge. You are metrics-oriented, organized and have a need to win. You are a dedicated, proactive, friendly, down to earth and easy to talk to person. You have patience and understanding in difficult situations and are able to listen and respond to the client’s needs in a way that best represents our company. You are an experienced professional who wants to be part of a tight knit team and you have a passion for providing outstanding customer service and support.
Make a difference in someone’s life today! Be part of a dynamic and growing team that uses innovative technology to provide world-class customer service to travellers around the world. Success requires an intimate knowledge of the products or services, great communication skills and sales experience. The ability to cross-sell products is also essential. Demonstrated success in sales and customer service is required.
- Assist the inbound call centre in selling accident and sickness (travel) insurance to new and existing clients, including Canadian and International travellers, students and expatriates such as diplomats, NGO’s and aid organizations
- Provide information to customers in response to enquiries regarding products and services, converting a high percentage of calls into sales
- Meet established sales targets
- Determine client insurance coverage, calculate premiums and establish method of payment
- Provide information concerning group and individual insurance packages, the range of risk coverage benefits paid, and other policy features
- Understand customer needs and recommend products accordingly
- Explain product selection rationale to customers and ensure that customers understand eligibility requirements, benefits, exclusions and definitions
- Know specific insurance vocabulary and jargon and be able to communicate information in policy wording to customers/proxies
- Track all client information in CRM
- Simultaneously use distinct online systems to process quotes and sales
- Guide customers through the application and confirmation process and send confirmations to customers and/or proxies/affiliates
- Answer other customer enquiries about coverage, emergency assistance, refunds, etc.
- Guide international student policy holders through medical assistance and claims processes, escalating cases where necessary
- Track and file online purchases when assigned or during slow periods
- Track affiliate (student/group/agent) information accordingly in CRM system
- Understand current product updates/promotions available to clients
- Complete other administrative tasks during slow periods
- Ability to address issues, provide support and offer information, as needed, to keep customers satisfied and retain business
- High School diploma
- Previous Insurance Industry experience
- Ability to work shifts between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m., Monday to Friday, and occasionally Saturdays and holidays
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual French/English
- Excellent listener
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner
- Friendly and compassionate demeanour
- Prior customer service experience required
- Ability to multi-task
- Must have computer literacy, strong typing and internet navigation skills
- Clear telephone voice
- Highly adaptable in times of change
- A&S or LLQP licence is an asset
Want to learn more about our company—or find out what other opportunities are available? Check out our blog.