EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE COORDINATOR – ENGLISH/MANDARIN
Who We Are:
Ingle International is a company that connects a diverse group of individuals and businesses with the customized insurance products, services, and information they need for safe and healthy travels. It provides innovative travel insurance products to affinity groups, rewards programs and organizations and delivers superior customer care with highly trained, multilingual staff serving the needs of travellers going anywhere in the world. Our expertise can be credited to a company culture deeply rooted in technology. Ingle fosters a challenging work environment, but also a fun, friendly, and cooperative one. We also offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health, dental, and vision, a generous wellness bursary, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. Ingle is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Who You Are:
You are an experienced assistance coordinator who can handle a large case load, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines. You thrive in a fast-paced, 24/7 team environment and will provide excellent customer service via email, fax, and phone. You will have the desire to develop an in-depth understanding of the assistance workflow and will work well with the other departments to resolve issues and troubleshoot. You must be willing to work shift work (days, evening, nights, weekends, on-call and holidays).
The emergency assistance coordinator will be the first point of contact for members requiring both medical and non-medical assistance. You will help members find health care providers, book appointments, and make travel arrangements. You will be responsible for communicating the available benefits to members, clients, and service providers.
- Provide assistance services to travelling members (taxi, ambulance, hotel, medical bookings, etc.)
- Communicate with service providers around the world (request documentation, reports, invoices, etc.)
- Update clients on progress of assistance provided to their members
- Assist members with their return home, when necessary
- Coordinate with various service providers
- Communicate relevant information to all key stakeholders in a timely manner (clients, medical facilities, patients, families, etc.) and triage cases as per departmental policy to achieve best solutions
- Use the case management database to accurately input all case details, actions taken, and next steps
- Act as the link between policyholders and family members and medical and service providers and the insurance company
- Review and interpret benefits plans
- Confirm insurance coverage details to service providers and members
- Be available for rotational work on evenings and weekends and on-call
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak Mandarin
- Customer support and case management experience
- Microsoft Word, Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Superior time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate diplomatically
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Team player
- Insurance and policy knowledge/interpretation
- Additional language: French, Spanish, or Portuguese
- Understanding of medical terminology
- Travel, snowbird, and TPA experience
Want to learn more about our company—or find out what other opportunities are available? Check out our blog.